Before You Arrive
- Check in time is 9:00am for all children's lessons
- Ensure your children are well rested, hydrated and have had breakfast.
- Bring them ready to ski or snowboard dressed in their snow clothing and with their boots on.
- Have your lift passes ready and in the jacket pocket. Lift passes for 3 year-olds can be claimed free of charge at Grand Hirafu Resort, you must pay a ¥1000 deposit and have your child present in order to redeem the pass. 4 years and above require a fully paid lift pass.
- We provide lunch and drinks for our Ninja kids. Limited allergy/dietary requirements can be accommodated - if your child has more complex dietary needs you will need to provide lunch for them
- Snacks in their pockets are great for a big day of riding. GoSnow is a nut free facility so please leave the snacks with nuts at home.
- All children are required to be toilet trained. Our staff are unable to change diapers/nappies
How to dress your child for a great day
Niseko is blessed with some of the snowiest and driest powder in the world and as such has unique conditions. Weather conditions, however, can change rapidly in the mountains. Some days will be snowy, dry and cold, others will have rain and others can be quite warm and sunny. Make sure you dress your child with the right clothing for the conditions.
- Helmets are required for all lessons
- Waterproof snow jacket and pants
- Insulated and waterproof gloves or mittens
- Dry knee high socks
- Long underwear- tops and bottom.
- Goggles - we recommend a good quality low light lens for Niseko’s powdery conditions. Sunglasses are not recommended in Niseko. There is too much snow!
- A face mask or neck warmer.
- Layering - a warm jumper under the snow jacket
During the lesson
- Don't worry about tears! Our instructors are kind, caring and trained to have your child smiling and enjoying their day in no time.
- If you wish to check in on your child, lunchtime is best. Lunch will be served from approximately 12:15pm to 1:15pm. Please check with our Guest Services team to find out where your child will be having lunch.
- If you wish to watch your child’s lesson we ask that you watch from a distance; it is harder for little ones to bond with their instructor and class if they can see you.
Know where to check in for the lesson
Group lessons take place at our Gondola Base - please allow plenty of time to make your way to check in for the lesson as we are unable to accommodate late arrivals. Please check in for the lesson at the "Ninja Kids Meeting Area" as highlighted in the image below
Is a Group Lesson the best option for my child?
Group lessons are a fun and social learning environment for children to learn in - this means multiple children with a variety of personalities, goals (including expectations from parents), energy levels, and abilities.
Each day, we take a good look at each Ninja Kid and place them in a group that makes the most sense with respect to the big picture for that specific day. That can mean mixed ages with matched abilities, some groups smaller than others due to skill set, and it will ALWAYS mean that there is some variation of skill level within a group.
If you have concerns about your child participating in lessons with a variation in ability levels, we encourage you to consider a Private Lesson. In this setting we can provide one-on-one attention and a lesson that moves at a pace customized to your child's ability.