Arrive with everything you need
Lift passes are required for all people using Grand Hirafu Resort including those who participate in lessons within the magic carpet learning area. Ticket queues can be long in the morning so we recommend purchasing your lift ticket the day before.
For all Group Lessons, we recommend a Grand Hirafu lift pass
Please note that weather, snow conditions and lift operations may affect where you can go in your lesson
We recommend that you arrange collection of your rental equipment the day prior to your lesson as there can be long delays at the rental shops
In general - everything takes much longer in the snow so allow much more time to arrive for your lesson than you think that you will need. Shuttle buses can be delayed, the roads may be slow due to snow conditions, you may encounter delays with lift tickets and rental equipment - even walking with your boots on and carrying your equipment can be a slow process!
Know where to check in for the lesson
Group lessons take place at our Gondola Base - please allow plenty of time to make your way to check in for the lesson as we are unable to accommodate late arrivals. Please check in for the lesson at the "Adult Group Meeting Area" as highlighted in the image below
Check in is at 9:45am with lessons commencing at 10.00 am. It is important to arrive on time, so you can be placed in the correct group for your ability and goals. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate you in your lesson if you arrive late
What to wear
- We recommend a good quality low light lens in your goggles for Niseko’s powder conditions. Sunglasses are not recommended.
- Wear a neck warmer, insulated gloves and layers along with waterproof snow jackets and pants. Hand and toe warmers are great if you really feel the cold too.
- Make sure your boots are done up tight and you have good warm and insulated socks on.
Adult Group Lesson Specifics
- GoSnow offer Full day or Half Day morning lessons. We do not offer afternoon group lessons. For a small price difference, we would highly recommend booking a full day to make the most out of your time in Niseko.
- If you are having a great time and you wish to extend your half day lesson to a full day, this may be possible. Please speak with our Guest Services team on the day and they will assist you.
- Adult group ability levels are from First Timer to Intermediate. We offer advanced level classes through our Workshops and further details can be found here.
- Lunch is designed to be taken at the group’s leisure for 1 hour and is usually taken from 1230-1330. Lunch is not provided.
- To get the most out of your lesson please select the correct ability level, you can see our ability levels for skiing and snowboarding on this page here.