Kids Assistants are the backbone to our kids program! Being part of this team gives you the opportunity to combine your love of kids and passion for the snow.
This is a diverse and fun role for people who love children! As a Kids Assistant you are a key part in ensuring smooth daily operation of the business and providing priceless experiences. You are a great communicator, flexible, reliable and eager to continue learning and improving.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide a high level of customer service and continually strive to exceed our guest’s expectations
- Daily set up and pack down of the children's area
- Coordinating the guest registration process and ensuring a smooth check in for all children
- Assisting with with parent inquiries and managing any complaints
- Supervision of children during breaks
- Serve snacks, drinks and lunch - paying special attention to any allergies or special dietary requirements.
- Maintaining cleanliness of all facilities
- General administration tasks as requested by the Children's Manager/Supervisor
- Assisting our kids program instructors to organise their classes and assistance with lessons in the magic carpet learning area
- Assisting with the weekly program fun days
- Be able to obtain a valid Japanese Working Holiday Visa
- Current First Aid certificate desirable
- Current Working with Children check
- Previous experience and a strong aptitude for working with young children
- Dedicated to providing a memorable experience for our youngest and most important guests.
- Be highly motivated and proactive in your day to day work
- Have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
Employment Period and Hours of Work
- Full season contract is from the start of December - the end of March
- Short season contract is from the start of December - the end of February
- Shift times are generally 8.30am - 4.30pm
- 4-5 shifts per week dependent on business operations
- ¥1350-¥1650 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥30,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to transport you between Hirafu Village and Kutchan Town .
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.
Looking for more job options?
Visit the HTM Careers site for more positions available or contact us at [email protected]