As a member of our Snowsports Team you will be a passionate instructor, with a commitment to providing a fun and memorable ski and snowboard experience.
Our instructors will work primarily in POD’s across our core programs; including Children's Programs, Adult Groups and Private Lesson’s.
For full time positions, you must be available for the entire period from December to April. If you are not available for the full period, you may be more suited to a short term position.
Skills & Experience Required
- Be able to obtain a valid Japanese Working Visa or meet the requirements for a sponsored visa
- A minimum Level 1 APSI or equivalent snowsports certification is required
- A minimum of one full time season of teaching experience (250 hours teaching)
- Provide a high level of customer service and continually strive to exceed our guest’s expectations
- Use appropriate terrain to develop skills, build confidence and facilitate fun learning
- Provide guidance & feedback in a manner that is supportive, encouraging & helps students achieve their goals.
- Must have own snowsports equipment
- Maintain a reasonable level of fitness and health
- Committed to your continued professional development
Employment Period and Hours of Work
- Short season contract is from December - February
- Full season contract is from December - April
- Days of work will vary across the season and be determined by demands of the business
- Instructor base rate is determined by industry certification and minimum seasons teaching experience
- Additional bonus' for cross over certification, Cantonese/Mandarin language skills, 6 or more seasons full time teaching experience and local Niseko teaching experience
- An All Mountain season lift pass is provided
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available between Hirafu Village and Kutchan Town
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Looking for more job options?
Visit the HTM Careers site for more positions available or contact us at [email protected]